- Last Wednesday (Nov 7) Samsung revealed a prototype of the Foldable phone.
- It was “camouflaged” in a bulky case. We expect the phone to be slimmer.
- There were two screens (one on the outside and a large one on the inside) and opened like a book (as opposed to other designs where there is one screen on the outside).
- The ‘book style’ will protect the large screen.
- The screen was beautiful and didn’t appear to have a crease (unlike other prototypes shown by smaller companies).
- Front 4.58” display 1960×840; middle 7.3” 2152×1536
- The phone also could tell which screen you were looking at and automatically rotated, adjusted the apps you were working on.
- Samsung will call the phone the Galaxy F (for foldable).
- It will release in March of 2019 for about $1,770.
- Most likely to be fully announced at CES 2019.
- LG plans to release a foldable phone at CES 2019.
- UPS – Under Panel Sensors does not appear to work for the camera.
- A leaker “Ben Geskin”, claims the S10 screen will have an O-shaped cutout for the camera.
- Screen is called Infinity-O
- It will be small & minimal but still technically a notch.
- The S10 will also come with a triple camera option like the recent Galaxy phones (standard, wide angle & telephoto).
wiredmikey writes:Apple iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S9 and Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphones were all hacked on the first day of the Pwn2Own Tokyo 2018 contest taking place this week alongside the PacSec security conference in Tokyo, Japan. Pwn2Own Tokyo 2018 participants earned a total of $225,000 on the first day of the event. On the second day, at least two teams will make additional attempts to hack the iPhone X and the Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Do you think and act like your phone is secure?
- Discussion about mobile security (online banking/bitcoin/social media/documents/pdfs)
- WIFI phishing.
- Even these new phones with modern operating systems can be hacked.
Comic Book Genius Stan Lee, Spider-Man Creator, Dies at 95
- Stan Lee, the creative dynamo who revolutionized the comic book and helped make billions for Hollywood by introducing human frailties in Marvel superheroes such as Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and the Incredible Hulk, died Monday. He was 95.
- As the top writer at Marvel Comics and later as its publisher, Lee was widely considered the architect of the contemporary comic book. He revived the industry in the 1960s by offering the costumes and action craved by younger readers while insisting on sophisticated plots, college-level dialogue, satire, science fiction, even philosophy.
- Millions responded to the unlikely mix of realistic fantasy, and many of his characters, including Spider-Man, the Hulk and X-Men went on to become stars of blockbuster films. He won the National Medal of Arts in 2008.
- Some say he’s the writer of modern mythology.
Android Vs. iPhone Battle:
More open: can change UI/backgrounds/icons/themes
Google’s suite: Gmail/docs/sheets/chrome better options than: Safari/iwork/mail
Cheaper phones with newer components (like USB-C)
Appstore (more secure and clean)
iMessage (can use on your computer/with wifi for a regular phone number)
iCloud (backs up contacts/photos) ← Can be hacked
High quality machine. Well designed and thought out.
Sharing contacts/pictures easily with airdrop